Friday, May 11, 2007

Westlife

History
November 13th 2006 saw Westlife release their 8th album The Love Album. The Love Album is a collection of 11 of the most classic and memorable love songs of all time. Westlife perform this collection of epic love songs with heartfelt emotion and the album showcases more than ever the band's unique vocal prowess that has been key to their unrivalled continuing success.
The band personally chose their favourite love songs and found time in between breaks on their sell out Face To Face 06 Tour last summer to record the album. The guys worked with long-term collaborator Steve Mac (who has personally been involved with 30 UK number one singles and album sales of 60 million!) and recording sessions took place in London, Dublin and Sweden. Packed with soaring choruses and epic string arrangements The Love Album has all the classic ingredients of the kind of quality pop album that Westlife have become synonymous with. The opening track and first single The Rose sets the tone for the album. Originally a huge hit for Bette Midler in the US in 1980, Westlife's versiopn emulated the success here in the UK. On another of the album's many highpoints the guys teamed up with Australian singing star Delta Goodrem to record a version of All Out Of Love.
Since their launch in 1998 Westlife have become a total cultural phenomenon. After 8 years they are still at the top of their game and continue to push the boundaries of achievement. Their album released last year, Face To Face was the biggest selling album in 2005 for record label SonyBMG, selling 1.1 million copies in just 3 months after its release in October. In August 2006 they completed their Face To Face 06 Tour, which was their best to date and was fresher and more exciting than ever. It was a particularly memorable tour as it saw the band make history when they took to the stage for the 21st time at Wembley Arena and were duly presented with an award honouring them as the pop act who has performed there the most times in the history of the venue.
Westlife are bigger now than ever before and have completely outlasted any of their rivals. No band can compare to them in terms of success. In their 8 years so far they have sold over 35 million records globally; had seven multi-platinum albums in the UK alone and scored a record breaking 14 UK number ones. Westlife have also picked up countless awards and appeared on hundreds of magazine covers around the world. They are the only recording artists to win the prestigious Record Of The Year an incredible four times, other top awards include two BRIT Awards and an MTV Europe Award. Westlife are the biggest selling Arena act ever and have just completed The Love Tour 2007, which saw them perform tracks from The Love Album as well as their greatest hits throughout March and April.Kian: Birthday and place of birth: 29th April 1980, SligoStarsign: Taurus – and I am like a bull!I never thought that Westlife would: Have 12 Number One Singles.My favourite Westlife moment: Shooting the video for If I Let You Go in TenerifeMy favourite Westlife track: What Makes A ManMy favourite Westlife video: Fool AgainWhat the other guys say about me: Very headstrong!When I'm not working I like to: Spend time in the surf dude!My motto is: Treat people how you like to be treated
Shane:Birthday and place of birth: 5th July 1979, SligoStarsign: CancerI never thought that Westlife would: Still be hugely successful seven years onMy favourite Westlife moment: Meeting the PopeMy favourite Westlife track: Flying Without WingsMy favourite Westlife video: Fool AgainWhat the other guys say about me: That I am generous and a nice guy!When I'm not working I like to: Change my daughter’s nappies!My motto is: Everything happens for a reason
Nicky: Birthday and place of birth: 9th October 1978, DublinStarsign: Libra - I am a beautifully balanced person!I never thought that Westlife would: Play two nights at Lansdowne Road to 80,000 people.My favourite Westlife moment: Meeting the Pope and our dads performing on our TV show 'She's The One'My favourite Westlife track: World Of Our OwnMy favourite Westlife video: World Of Our Own (U.S Version)What the other guys say about me: I'm the longest in the showerWhen I'm not working I like to: Spend time with my wife and walk our little pupsMy motto is: Smile, enjoy life, live every day like it's your last
Mark: Birthday and place of birth: 28th May 1980, SligoStarsign: Gemini.I never thought that Westlife would: Win Record Of The Year three times!My favourite Westlife moment: Meeting the PopeMy favourite Westlife track: Can't Lose What You Never HadMy favourite Westlife video: World Of Our Own (U.S Version)What the other guys say about me: Where is Mark?!When I'm not working I like to: Write songsMy motto is: Wake up and breathe!

No comments: